It’s easy to get involved with an existing expedtion, or even to set up a new one. Each year, usually in early October, the society holds it’s proposals evening. Expedition leaders (or the associated member of staff) give a short presentation to all society members (that could be you!) outlining the aims of the proposed project. Society members (you can join on the night) are then given the option to apply for whichever expeditions take their fancy. After a week or so interviews are held, teams are formed and the planning really begins…
Be sure to subscribe to get updates direct to your inbox by filling in the form at the bottom of the page.
Want to set up a new expedition?
There are a few simple guidelines you need to follow to allow an expedition to be approved by the University of Glasgow Exploration Council.
To gain the approval and support of the University of Glasgow expeditions must:
- Contact this years Student President with your ideas by emailing email@example.com
- Make a proposal presentation at the ExSoc Proposals evening (early October).
- Have a University of Glasgow staff member associated with the expedition, ideally taking part in the field work. If not there must be a suitably qualified person in the field with the student team.
- Be open to all members of ExSoc (and therefore the whole University).
- Agree to submit a full proposal document with associated budget and risk assessment by November 30th to the Exploration Council.
- Agree to produce a short report within one month of the expeditions conclusion and a full report within 6 months. Electronic copies should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome members of the University community who wish to join the society and set up new expeditions and are keen to support new ventures. Please get in touch as early as possible, ideally over the summer, if you would like more help and advice, even if you only have a brief idea or outline at present.